Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Final Countdown

Truth be told, I tend to know the title of my blog post before I actually write the entry....today? Not so much. I am seriously flying by the seat of my pants right now. So for the purpose of quick update and timeline, here is the jist of where things stand:

I am pretty much busting my hump to pack and get things ready for this weekend's departure. I am still anxious about finances, but I know it will all work out. God's plan is always superior to mine, so I will continue to trust and know it's all good. Today I have my last counseling appointment. So sad to say goodbye to Jill, but it's been an amazing and fruitful few months with her. I can't imagine where I would be without the help and tools she has given me to not just survive this season, but to thrive as well. I do believe that emotionally the hardest part is over. At least as far as the severing of ties with Aaron. I forgive him. I wish the best for him and I have released him. I pray daily for his path and the life he is leading and I hope that he finds what he is looking for, not just relationship-wise, but that he finds a way to work through some of his baggage and is free of what he has carried most of his life. I pray he finds his relationship with God again and makes ammends where necessary. Somedays are easier than others as far as praying for him, but I do it anyway.

27“But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. 28Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. 29If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also. 30Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don’t try to get them back. 31Do to others as you would like them to do to you." (Luke 6:27-31)

This weekend we said goodbye to our family at Life Church. It's so surreal because it feels like they just prayed our family "in"...and there they were praying us out just as fast. Life sure is funny that way. It's amazing how short some seasons are, but what a huge impact the people placed in it can be. I will never forget the welcome and love showed to us there. What an amazing group of people that I know whill be in the boys' and my hearts forever. Just more proof that God knows what He is doing...always...without fail. The goodbyes were tearful, but the blessings and prayers were powerful and strengthening. I just keep thinking, "I really can do this, can't I?"

So....all that being said, the house is in much disarray but I can see progress. I am constantly worrying that there won't be enough space in the trailer, but in the end it always works out. Aaron will pick the boys up after school on Friday. Ian arrives on Saturday morning...we will pack up and hopefully get a good nights' sleep and be ready to hit the snowy road bright and early Sunday morning. Our goal is to arrive in Vancouver late Wednesday night, the 23rd. It will be a lot of driving, but why not make an adventure out of it! The boys will spend Christmas with Aaron and then I will fly back to Syracuse the 27th and they will meet me at the airport early on the 28th. By 8pm on the 28th, we will be HOME. The first phase complete. I am SO ready!

(The midwest and east is getting hit hard with winter weather...please pray for safe travels and a clear path ahead)


1 comment:

  1. Hey there, girl. I haven't heard much of what was going on in your life for awhile until I saw a link from Amy's Blog to yours. I didn't even realize it was to your blog, until I started to read. My heart sank for you. I am so sorry for your heartbreak, but as someone who has come thru it and out the other side in such a better place--have hope. I know you have a faith I never have had, which I know will help you thru all of this. Hold tight to that, I always wished I had that to hold on to.
    Anyway I am sorry for your pain, for this breaking in your life, and I wanted to say that you are amazingly beautiful, no matter what parts seem broken. You will be all the more stronger for it in the end.
    Love
    Jenna B.

    ReplyDelete